Tuesday, June 19, 2018

More books are on the way, well slowly.

Hello, Everyone.

It has been a while since I have posted a blog. Things have been crazy for me these past few months. Shamefully I haven't been writing as much as I'd like to, mostly due to the craziness of life, work, etc. Writing three books at once is probably one of the most painful things I have ever put myself through. Truthfully I don't know how writers like Stephen King do it. I would love to release three to four books a year, but mentally and financially that's just not possible. Also, I don't want to release garbage. I have learned from my past mistakes in publishing, especially with Abolition Book One. I wish I would have waited to release that book, but I was excited to release my first ever self published book. Every author had a book they're disappointed with but nonetheless it's published.

Now with learning from past mistakes and I've made a few, I'm happy with the results of Abolition Book Two and my first attempt at a psychological thriller, Lilly. The positive response from Lilly has been overwhelming and I look forward in releasing that sequel to you, but it'll be a while. Most likely books three and four of my Abolition Series will be out before Lilly. I've been working feverishly on these two books this past year and have reworked each book and swapped chapters in and out in order to make a better flow. I believe these two books are thus far my best work yet, and I cannot wait for you to read them. The series is going places that I would have never dreamed of when I was writing book one of the series, but here I am now.

On the other hand, I recently attended the Wheeling, Wv arts and cultural festival with my writers group and it was a success. Positive feedback on our group and on some of my books, plus I sold a few too. I will keep doing festivals in the near future, not only with my writers group but by myself as well. Festivals allow a face to face conversation and you're able to sell your work in person and have more meaningful, personal talks with those individuals. Social media platforms cannot achieve that. I have received much more positive feedback by actually putting forth the hard work.

So look for more updates and sneak peeks of my future books in the next blog post or two. Also, I have mentioned before that my writers group will be releasing an anthology book as well. Each member will be contributing a piece to that book. So look for updates on that as well. That book should be released by the end of the year or early next year.

In closing I hope everyone keeps reading. Have a wonderful evening. Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment